Monday, January 23, 2012

Catalog of Our Lives

Today is January 23, 3012. I am the Caregiver for my Mother who was just a month or so ago, diagnosed with Alzheimer's. At that point we started her on a medication to slow the progression of the disease. It has been up and down with her because the drug has a lactose coating on it and she is lactose intolerant. I have found that taking a couple of tablespoons of Stonyfield Farms French Vanilla Yogurt with the medication at night, makes for a more pleasant following morning for her. 


This Picture was Taken in 1992 or 1993, Chris was 21/22, I was 23/24, 
Cassandra was 2/3 and Michael was 10 to 18 months old. 
As those of you who are my facebook friends now know, I was told a couple of weeks ago that my darling firstborn, My daughter Cassandra, is making me a grandmother this coming August. I am excited and scared, worried and ecstatic. I have found just begun the search for the best crochet pattern for both boys and girls... just in case. This blog will catalog both the progression of my mother's disease and my work with crochet. I hope that this will help me and others to be better able to deal with the hardships presented in both issues. 


You can access my facebook pages by clicking here.